Friday, May 4, 2012

The Definition of Madness

A conversation in the car on the way to the Elementary Art Show

Kaitlyn - "You know we have another neighbor, Mom."

Me - "Who?"

Kaitlyn - "You know, our other neighbor."

Me - "Sweetie, we have lots of neighbors, which one?"

Kaitlyn - "You know, the guy.  I met him when I was three."

Me - "Yup, now I know who you're talking about.  He was there with the girl with the hair at the place."

Kaitlyn - "There wasn't a girl there.  Just the guy.  You know, our other neighbor."

Me - "Honey, I was being facetious.  You have to be more descriptive."

(You have to imagine Patrick driving down the road while giggling at this conversation.)

Kaitlyn - "You know, the guy I met when I was three."

Patrick - "My earliest memory was when I was five.  It was the blizzard of 1978."

Me - "I was four.  I fell in the neighbor's pond."

Kaitlyn - "Mom, our neighbor doesn't have a pond.  Don't you remember, I met him when I was three?"


No comments: